cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Returning BT TV box after cancellation

Hello,

I have cancelled BT TV and was under the impression I could keep the box as I have had it for so long. Sure I saw a date on here. I confirmed this with the person I spoke to while cancelling and they confirmed it.

However I am now receiving emails saying I need to return the box. Any advice? 

I still want to keep the box for recording purposes 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Returning BT TV box after cancellation

Hi, @dittohead welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If the BT TV box was supplied to you before the 13/12/19 you can keep it and there won't be a charge. We still however provide the option to return it for recycling if you cancel your service. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, @NeilO I have just got off the phone with BT about cancelling BT TV and he was adamant that I would have to return the box or face a fine. He couldn't tell me when I got the box but I am sure it was before 13/12/2019. Should I just cancel and ignore the request to return it? It is out of contract so only need to give 30 days notice. I am a pensioner trying to save money.

Rosalyn

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Rosalyn and thanks for posting.

Sorry for any confusion with your TV box. I'll be happy to take a look at this and clear things up. I've sent you a private message so drop me a rpely and I'll look into it for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have now received an envelope to return the tv box. Should I just ignore it? I cancelled the service 04/02/2023 and had the box prior to 13/12/2019.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Rosalyn 

I've sent you a private message send us your details and we'll resolve this for you.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings