cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Signal Breaking up on BT TV box

Go to solution

Over the past 3 months my BT Youview box has been degrading the signal, now to such an extent that most standard channels are unwatchable. I have tried signal attenuation, signal booster, swapping cables and finally cutting out the tv box and plugging the aerial cable directly into the tv from the wall socket. Only the latter works with perfect signal. This suggests the BT Box has a fault. Any suggestions would be most helpful. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Signal Breaking up on BT TV box

Go to solution
If you are using SD channels try HD. Worked a treat for me on an old YouView box from TalkTalk that doesn't even do HD.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@Rebound55 

What level of signal strength and quality are you getting on these channels. Best report without any attenuator or booster.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Signal strength was max 80, quality max 75 on non-HD channels. Been dropping over last 3 months until now both 0 to 30.

HD channels were fine, but now these too starting to break up.

Only solution is to remove BT Box from the line. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Rebound55 

What about the readings from your TV as most would show strength & quality figures within the Tuning menu?

Any changes with your aerial or cabling?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Just a thought. Have you tried retuning the Vision box? Perhaps at one point during an auto channel update it’s picked up signals from a different - more distant/weaker - transmitter in preference to your main one. Worth a try?

Sorry, just re-read your post. My response is unlikely to help. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

After all my testing, ultimately removing the box from the system, BT agreed that the box was faulty. I've just been sent a new box and this works perfectly.

So thanks for all the suggestions everyone: much obliged.

Now I just want BT to send me a returns bag for the old box, which seems to be taking a long time to get here... Even after a request or two.

Cheers. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@Rebound55 I'm glad the replacement box sorted the issues with your BT TV service, when did you last request the returns bag? They're posted second class so can take around one week to arrive.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I expected a returns bag soon after the box arrived, as stated in the packaging. After 10 days, nothing arrived, so I requested one online. That was only 4 days ago, so hopefully it will arrive this week.

This is after an email from BT saying return the faulty box by start of November else they will charge me for it. A bit much as its BT who are delaying the return.

0 Ratings