cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Still issues with Philips Hue Sync Box, but better….

Earlier in the year when I was sent the Pro Box it would not work with the Philips Hue Sync Box, I would have to pull the HDMI and reconnect to get a picture on the TV, so I reverted to the previous Humax box and packed the Pro Box away in a cupboard.

Today I decided to try again in the belief the Pro Box should have received a number of Firmware updates since the last outing. It was great to see the IP only update so I connected this way, Ethernet connected via a non BT mesh system, I can confirm this works perfectly.

However I am still experiencing issues with the Philips Hue Sync Box! Now when I turn on the BT Pro Box, the Sync Box turns on along with the Hue lights which change colour behind the TV confirming its reading the signal from the HDMI and outputting the colour field, yet the picture is still not output to the TV, in fact the TV displays a no signal message. If I then turn the Pro Box off and on again, the picture is restored.

I’ll live with this for the time being rather than revert to the previous Humax box, but wonder if anyone else is using a Hue Sync Box  and if so, are you experiencing these same issues?

Thanks for you time as always 🙏

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Still issues with Philips Hue Sync Box, but better….

Further investigation suggests both the Pro Box & Hue Sync Box are working correctly and in fact it is the Samsung TV which is not correctly turning on the correct source, the no signal message is displayed for the TV input which is correct as we don’t have an aerial connected, and it should be defaulting to the HDMI 2 connection. I shall dig further in to the Samsung Menus.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

So I’m nearly there, it is definitely a Samsung TV issue. It is randomly switching to the TV input when switching on. I can’t find an option to disable the TV input or select the HDMI 2 input as the default.

Its currently a 50/50 which input I’m going to land on.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

So this morning I’m back at square one. It’s definitely the BT Pro Box, it’s just so temperamental. The answer I’ve received previously is that it should be connected to the TV directly, eliminating and third party connections, but that is not an acceptable answer. Every other device works flawlessly, Apple TV, XBox and the previous Humax Box, no issues. The ideas for this box are great but the execution is junk! 
I’ll have to revert to watching sport on the Apple TV app where the picture quality through the NOWTV app is poor and generally a minute behind!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Simon,

I’m guessing you didn’t get to the bottom of this? But just to say I’m having the same issue. The Hue Sync box although not perfect works great switching between firestick and Apple TV, but fails to transmit a picture for the BT Vision Pro box every time unless I unplug and re-plug the HTMI. I’ve tried 4/5 different cables and it’s always the same, and a mix of HDMI 2.0 and 2.1 cables. 

It’s the same issue you reference where the lights sync, but no picture is transmitted. 

It also won’t pass the 4K BT Sports Ultimate channel, where I get a message saying my TV setup won’t support it it and it show 4K (PQ) I have no issue with 4K content on the firestick through the Hue box.

I’d take it on the chin that BT might say it has to be plugged directly into the TV if BT didn’t sell the Hue box in their own online store! 😂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If anyone comes across this issue in the future, I found changing the Vision Pro box to UHD 50fps 8Bit (not 10!) fixed the issue of it being really difficult to get the vision box to play through the Hue Play. 

after some digging it would seem the Hue Play can’t cope with 10bit