cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Switching on BT Pro box stops in progress recording

Two nights in a row, switching on the BT Pro box has immediately stopped an in progress recording.

It's not the first time this has happened but previously I thought I'd done something to cause it.

Switched the box on via the button on the unit and it starts up with the menu on screen but no tv picture, just a black background and no sound. Recording stops. Can go into menus and start watching the recording that just stopped and it was recording fine up until the point the box was switched on.

Other symptoms, back button on the remote doesn't work when this has happened. Switch box off and on a couple of times and eventually it comes back with the tv picture and the back button starts working on the remote.

Anyone else getting this or just me?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Switching on BT Pro box stops in progress recording

@pagenotfound  You are not alone. I had to reboot (again, weekly occurrence ) this morning!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Check your power settings. It sounds like it's in a light sleep when recording but pressing the power button on the  front is causing the box yo wake up from deep sleep. Does it wake up normally if you use the standby button on the remote? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

It is in smart standby or whatever it's called. I've got it to deep sleep overnight between 11pm and 2pm.

Regardless of whatever mode it "thinks" it's in, there's clearly an issue as a recording in progress should never be cancelled just because I press the front button, also the other issues with failure to display picture and back button not working indicate something is clearly buggy.

I tend not to use the remote for switching on and off as unfortunately I paired it with my TV and the behaviour with that is random to say the least. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this though.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Only going by what I've read "If you record a fourth programme, you can’t then watch a fifth on live TV". BT TV Box Pro User Guide

Could it be that you are trying to record 4 programmes at a time and when you power it up it tries to go to the last programme you watched thus making 5 channels at once?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

No, that's not it. It has only been recording the one thing when this has happened twice this week. Once will have been a terrestrial signal and the other time a streamed channel. I'm not sure there's ever been a time in the history of British tv that there's been 4 things worth recording at one time.

Other thing is that the behaviour with the back button not working and the tv signal not showing has happened on previous occasions when nothing has been recording. There is clearly an issue but trying to see if it affects others or if it is possibly a hardware issue on mine. Has all the feel of a software issue to me though.

Message 7 of 8

Hi @pagenotfound and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having problems with the Pro Box. I'd like to get this looked into for you so I'll drop you a private message now so you can send over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

So an update to assist if anyone else encounters this issue and finds this thread.

As a solution I've been offered a replacement box. Unfortunately this means I would lose my current recordings. The box has behaved itself this week and the problem has only ever been intermittent so I think I'll probably hold on to the box for now.

One other thing I have remembered is that I've also had incidences of the recordings stopping when the box was switched off via the remote or front button. I think this happens when I've had the unresponsive back button issue and a recording then starts after the box has been switched on. Hopefully a new box would be free of this issue and maybe mine was an early build and the hardware has been updated since. Maybe.

0 Ratings