cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Truly Fed Up with BT Pro!!!

What i would be inclined to do is  immediately set a recording on the channel that is displaying no picture , then give it say about a minute  before you have swtich channels  then   see if the recording has a picture  (or displays one after a minute when you  did the switching of the channels)

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

I'll give it a go when I can get in the mood, in all honesty users shouldn't have to keep faffing about to get this box to work properly. I appreciate not all quirks can be captured at development testing stage but this box or is it the youview software appears to be tested and developed in the field.

Message 23 of 32

Same thing happening here. It's very tedious indeed.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

I've done yet another reboot and so far past two days all is fine.

As a side is anyone technical reading these posts and collating these problems?

There has to be a bug either within Pro or Youview!

Please try and fix it BT/EE. 🙏 👍

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

I have recently started using one of these boxes and started having issues recently.

Long story short I was having to completely go through the set up again after it had been turned off although still plugged in, or indeed after being unplugged.

I found that I had to use the "always ready" power mode in the settings (the option comes up during set up also) to keep it stable. 

Obviously this is unacceptable as going forwards  it should be possible to isolate the box from the power without having to do a complete setup and the "Smart" power mode should work as advertised!

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Same issues. Box continually freezes or has error codes that end up stopping any apps from opening.

Connected via wifi (fibre 900) about 4m from box. Firestick with IPTV app / Netflix/Apple/Now/ Amazon etc play fine and stream in 4k as you would expect.

The BT pro box constantly buffers and freezes so the Freeview over internet doesn't work and when it starts screwing up the streaming apps start having issues as well.

It's genuinely the quality of a cheap chines android box from amazon.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

@allanwlls doesn't matter if on 900mb fibre, wifi is much slower. and this is your expected problem. Nothing to do with the box, it is just how technology works. 

Try using an ethernet cable to test, see if that cures it. 

the bt smart hub 2 has the wifi in both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and it decides on what to use for that device.

5ghz wifi can operate in AC mode, 2.4 however cannot and can only do N. It is very possible however that the box is operating on 2,4ghz in N mode. which from testing at best I onbly ever see around 40mbps and not its advertised speed of 150 or dual mimo 300. AC however I get my advertised speed if im near it. 

So, log into your smart hub and split the wifi using this guide: How do I split my BT Hub's SSID (wireless network name)? | BT Help

then each wifi will be named, one will have -5 on the end (5ghz AC) and the other not (2.4Ghz N).

use the AC one and connect your BT box to that one, let us know if it improves. 

if you have netflix, go into the netflix app then goto help and then choose 'test connection', it'll do a speed test from the box to netflix servers. ok not 100% accurate but gives you and idea of operating speed. FYI the BT box pro kinda caps out. Even on 300mb, and hardwired to ethernet mine caps at around 133mbps on the netflix test although it is probably higher.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

@biohazardx9 

The Pro Box doesn't support 2.4GHz.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Both my ssids show up and it sure does support 2.4ghz. 

Besides nearly all WiFi adapters / chipsets support the standard they're designed for and backwards.

Ac supports 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Ax supports 5ghz Ax, ac and 2.4ghz for example.

2.4ghz has longer range and penetrates walls better than 5ghz but 5ghz is much faster albeit a shorter range. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

"Your TV Box Pro and BT TV Box Mini only uses a 5Ghz wi-fi channel and it will automatically connect to the right one."

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-and-Mini-wi-fi-tips-for-improved-performan...

Maybe they've added 2.4GHz on the quiet? Can't check mine due to the idiotic insistence of removing the cable before you can switch.

0 Ratings