cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to record

I've started having a problem when trying to record. I click the record button on tje remote. The Guide shows that the series will record.

When I go to watch the series it hasn't recorded.  The programme doesn't show in MyTV scheduled programmes and when I check in Guide the record symbol has disappeared.  There's no message telling me why.  There's plenty of free space, 82%, and it's the only programmed due to record at that time. 

Is anyone having a similar problem? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to record

@Imvalels 

Try a simple reboot by pressing & holding the On button for 8 secs or so. Obviously don't have a recording in progress at this point , guess that's not a problem at the moment though.

If that fails to work then a maintenance mode reset is required - see here. 

Take option2 first , then option 4 if necessary. Options 3 & 5 are destructive & all your recordings will be lost & this is the very last thing you try if all else fails.

Note you must have an internet connection for the Maintenance Mode resets.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes I cannot record now. Am so frustrated 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

What On button exactly please 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I’ve got Game of the Day on series link on Sky Sports Premier league. It was recorded successfully last night. This despite the fact that the Sky Sports channels are being juggled around on EETV to make room for the new Sky Sports Tennis channel which launches next Sunday. It recorded ch 440 which was previously ch 441.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Brucemeister5 

YouView boxes recognise programmes via their CRID, a unique identifier in the programme’s metadata, and scan all channels, not just the expected one, at all times, not just the scheduled one. If a CRID the box is scheduled to record appears, and the box hasn’t already got it or had it, it will record it, provided the new channel and/or time don’t provoke a recording clash.

Message 7 of 7

I suspect the channel number itself is only used to establish listing  position in the EPG  and when using the remote to select a channel number.  
 The channel number also seems to be used in the hidden channels process.

0 Ratings