cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Watch programs on BT TV App?

Go to solution

Are you supposed to be able to watch TV on the BT TV app?  I tried going into recordings but when I try to play it I get "You can watch your recordings on your BT TV Box at home".  I tried going into the LIVE SCHEDULE on the app and selecting something that is currently being aired but it says "To watch this programme please switch on your BT TV box and tune to channel 1".

I found this link (https://www.bt.com/tv/appextra/) which seems to imply that you CAN, but Iam getting very different results..

Can someone please help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Watch programs on BT TV App?

Go to solution

There used to be an additional app called App Extra but this was phased out. Currently you can't watch recordings on any other device other than the main box 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

And you also cannot watch LIVE TV on the app is that correct?

Its strange how the App Extra web page is still online but the service doesn't exist.

Equally irritating is the fact that before I signed up for BT the Customer Service rep I spoke to assured me I would be able to watch live AND recorded TV on the app....

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @WelshDave, if you have a Now package you should use the Now app to watch the channels provided by your package.

Get started with NOW | BT Help

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi John,

Yes we do have a NOW package.

I will give that a try thank you

0 Ratings