cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

YouView box crashes when setting recording

Hi all, 

So my BT YouView Box (Ultra HD Recordable) has started crashing when I set a new recording. Typically no matter whether I am watching a channel or in an app (e.g. Netflix) when i set a show to record using the guide, the channel changes to 001 or the app closes and then within a few more seconds the EPG will stop working and then the screen will go black. Finally all lights from the front of the box will disappear even the red one to indicate the box is on.

The only way to get it going is to do use the on/off switch at the back of the box. Everything will work fine again, including the recording I set (that triggered the crash) being saved. Then when as soon as try to set another recording series or just an episode, the box crashes again.

I've tried a factory reset (keeping recordings) but it still does the same thing.

Please help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView box crashes when setting recording

Hi @DonCaboose, sorry you're having this problem with your TV box.

The next step would be to watch any recordings you have then complete a Factory Reset and see if that resolves the fault.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView box crashes when setting recording

Wondering if the problems lays with the remote control? Perhaps resetting that is worth a go by pulling the batteries for a couple of minutes?
0 Ratings