cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Youview box won’t turn on

My Youview box suddenly froze midway through a program … turned it off & on again as per instructions but it never came back on.

No lights, nothing. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview box won’t turn on

Does it make any noises? Specifically a ticking noise? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

No nothing, literally suddenly totally dead 😢
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

That sucks. The hard drives tend to fail but they normally make a ticking noise when you restart the box and get stuck in a loading loop. Sounds like something more catastrophic. Report it to BT and they'll send you a new one if you have an active BT TV subscription 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @emmad1989 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV box. Please can you try these steps and let me know if they help?

1. Switch the box off and then back on again. A red light should appear on the front panel.
  2. Press and hold the down arrow button on top of your box for five seconds until you see 'Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N' at the bottom of the screen. When you see this, press the standby/power button.
  3. After a few seconds you'll see the 'Maintenance Mode' menu. Choose and select Factory reset, keep recordings using the arrow buttons. This option will allow you to keep your recordings, scheduled recordings and any personal settings you've made to favourites and playlists. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings