cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

How can I de-activate EE wifi?

It seems EE wifi has been activated by remote access.   I want to de-activate it, but keep getting "page not redirecting" messages.    Can't even log in to 'my bt'

Total rubbish website management by BT.Sick and tired of seeing this!Sick and tired of seeing this!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: How can I de-activate EE wifi?

Cant you just navigate to the routers IP address browser, log in using the credentials printed on the router and then disable the wifi?

Or are you talking about something else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I'm talking about being involuntarily turned into a "hotspot" and having my hub remotely messed about by BT
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Oh sorry....that....I run my own router to avoid all that sort of stuff.

Im sure you can opt out but someone else will need to answer that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@tipiglen wrote:
I'm talking about being involuntarily turned into a "hotspot" and having my hub remotely messed about by BT

When you signed up with BT or EE you agreed to being a Wifi hotspot and as any updates from BT, or if you are now with EE, are done remotely by the provider they obviously have to have access to the hub. If you do not want the provider to have access to the hub you will need to buy and install your own modem/router.

How do I check that I've joined the BT Wi-fi community? | BT Help

If you want to Opt out of being a hotspot see link

How do I opt out of BT Wi-fi? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Can you still use other peoples WIFI Hotspots even if your router isnt capable?

Reason I say this is because my account shows me as opted in....but I run my own kit.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@naylor2006 wrote:

Can you still use other peoples WIFI Hotspots even if your router isnt capable? Yes as long as you have not opted out.

Reason I say this is because my account shows me as opted in....but I run my own kit.  You need to opt out, it is not enough just to change the router.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for answering the side question, even if a little off topic.

I didnt change the router, I just kept the same one I used with Virgin media, its not to hide from BT its just to have my own config, It hadnt occurred to me to opt in or out, maybe under the circumstances I should not use it out of respect 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Your f1rst link gives me this:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to home.bt.com.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I am getting very frustrated with the failure to redirect when trying to use 'mybt'

I've been using firefox (fully updated) and linux mint.  Everything else works perfectly, including being able to view my SH2 (as plebe and as admin), but even the link out from it gives a redirect failure....

I have been signed in to mybt, and for all I know, I may still be signed in, but I can't get to it.   All I get is failures to redirect.

I'm not being given any option to accept or refuse cookies.  

EDIT:  I can get logged in by using 'private browsing' window of firefox, but still not 'normal' firefox window/tab

I'm able to log in to "EE Wifi" via my own hub using my stored "BT identity" (email and stored password), so I presume I'll be able to log into it elsewhere, should I want to...

GAH!

0 Ratings