cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Can't hear incoming calls but can make outgoing calls on Digital Voice

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sometime in 2022, we were forced to ‘upgrade’ to the digital lines in our area.

I have BT Broadband Home Essential Fibre Essential

I have a digital line as part and parcel of this new setup.  In the beginning it was fine. But since a few months, I can’t receive incoming calls. The line rings and they can hear me, but I can’t hear who is calling me.  I can make outgoing calls but can’t receive them, or rather I can’t hear people. I know my phones are not faulty because I tried changing them, and the problem still exists.

Today I called BT because I can’t receive incoming calls.  The funny thing is, when BT called the calls got through. Engineer tried twice. We chatted, I could hear his voice.

I then tried asking people to call me and the same thing happened, I can’t hear them, although they can hear me. I asked someone I know to call me, and they called me from their landline and they had the same issue. I then tried calling my landline from my mobile phone, and I had the same problem.

Only the BT calls got through.

I then searched the internet and these forums and discovered others have the same issue.

What then is causing these problems? I think the BT calls work because they have special digital lines which others don’t have.

Any suggestions please?  Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't hear incoming calls but can make outgoing calls on Digital Voice

0 Ratings