cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Old landline phone number transfer

Hi 

I have transferred over to BT from TalkTalk and was advised that my old telephone number would be transferred after i have gone live with my service...therefore i was given a new number and then an order was raised to port back my old number. The customer advisors have raised numerous orders to port back my old number but the order seems to be keep completing itself somehow but i cant connect to my old number.

Can someone please advise what i need to do as ive been spending hours on the call and everytime they keep raising orders and nothing gets done?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Old landline phone number transfer

@Mpatel190 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Do you have your phone plugged into the phone socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2?

If you call your mobile from your home phone, is your new number displayed, or your old one?

Was the number that you wish to keep originally issued by BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

It only connects to the new number provided by BT....ive requested my old number back numerous times

The hub is fully connected and working...just want my old number back from TalkTalk

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

was the number issued to you by TT or was a number you ported to TT from a previous ISP?  if so which ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi thanks for the response...it was a previous ISP Virgin I believe..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Mpatel190 

Once you left TalkTalk, your number would have been returned to Virgin Media, and it would not be possible to port it to BT Retail.

Virgin Media have their own totally separate phone network, and do not use Openreach.

0 Ratings