cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: What is a major network problem?

True so why cannot the fault reporting say - we close faults once a week even though the service has not been resumed and we will continue to work on the fault and we do realise you have had no service since 15 March so do not worry.

Also why have my mobile and not once since 15 March text to say really sorry, compensation will be coming, the line will be fixed?

If someone would let me click online in two seconds to give up that landline (I have another one) I would also be prepared to do that as long as my bill went down by the £26 a month landline charge I already have but I am not prepared to call BT and hang on lines or chats for an hour, 3 hours or even 10 minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Which £26/month landline charge is that?

The difference between broadband only or broadband with telephony is either £0, £2 or £5/ month depending on which way the wind is blowing. You may also be paying £10/ for unlimited calls, you certainly won't get a £26/month reduction.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

@licquorice 

I think the line that has problems just now is a landline only not the second line with is broadband and phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

@imjolly quite possibly, I long ago gave up trying to understand @Jane2018 's bizarre arrangements.

Message 15 of 18

On this account I have a landline only and I have a broadband only - two separate lines/numbers. That account cost is £106.02 a month approximately (including free weekend calls which I never use). The last bill says 79.67  a month broadband and calls and line rental £26.35 a month. I assumed the £26.35 was for the landline. However that might be wrong.

May be just about none of it is for the landline only line and just about all of the 106 is for the two lines, one with bb on it and the other with only landline on it. In that case if dropping the landline gives me no reduction I want a working landline back on again on the line and compensation for having no landline since 15 March at whatever the BT compensation rate per day is.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

As of today my landline is working. I have tried both calling in and calling out and picking up voicemail and so far is all working again. So that is good news.

Long live the analogue landline!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Now had this month's bill and like last month's no compensation for no landline for a month (bill was £117.61 for the month)  I will look at the link someone gave above as to compensation...

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Okay I will wait another month to see if the following month includes the compensation.

• "If you experience total loss of service and it’s not fixed within two working days, you’ll receive £9.76 automatic compensation
  •  You’ll receive another £9.76 for every day you have to wait after that, not including the day your service is activated
  • You are eligible for compensation if your service isn’t activated by midnight on the second working day after you reported your fault."

So 30 days of no service should be about £292.80. I won't be holding my breath to get a single penny of course

0 Ratings