cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

EE TV

Is there any news of additional apps coming to EE TV this year ? You tube would be great and has been mentioned for past few years..

When. Can existing BT TV customers move over to EE TV 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: EE TV

@Clinton11 

Existing customers can recontract and move to EE today, you need to call or visit a store.

Asking when new apps will come to EE TV is like trying to catch fog, pointless.

However, by moving to EE you can get an Apple TV instead of a Pro Box and then have access to all the apps you could ever need and a live TV Guide, but you can’t record and iPlayer is 720p.

Knowing how bad some people have found moving and if you insist on staying with EE TV, personally I would keep your current box just for recording/live TV and buy a second device for access to apps.

The only complete one box solution requires you to leave BT/EE currently, everything else is a compromise/personal choice.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 6

Shame really you would think they would keep fresh updates to the service to stay ahead of the likes of virgin 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I would get the likes of an Amazon Firestick if you want more apps and keep your pro box for recording and watching live TV.

Lest that way you will still  have iPlayer in full HD 1080p.

As I said elsewhere Youview may have made minor improvements to its service but overall  think Youview has slowly been getting outdated with tech wise. Compared to the likes of Sky,Virgin and others.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

As has already been mentioned, you can move to EE TV on EE Broadband now by calling us or visiting an EE store.

Apps need to be written for the hardware and operating system that they're running on - there's no universal way to write an app that works on everything.  Even the apps we have already are written specifically for each type of set top box we've offered (new and old). There are also commercial elements involved.

New apps will be coming this year, as we did last year, but details won't be announced in advance.

Message 6 of 6

The only public advance announcements on apps that I am aware of

“BritBox no longer available on YouView Devices from the 30th of April 2024. The standalone BritBox app will no longer be available from the end of April 2024.” (YouView service statement)

“discovery+ is launching in phases. It first became available to BT customers with BT TV Box Pro and Mini* on 1st August 2023.  Later, this year, it will be made accessible on earlier generation BT boxes, expanding its reach to a broader audience.”   (Sept 25 2023  YouView).

0 Ratings