cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: ADSL BROADBAND CONNECTION PROBLEMS

When you use the test socket there is no filter as that is in filtered faceplate

Try just connect filter to test socket and then hub connected to filter and no phone connection and see if connection improves

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

I've never used a filter.  I have a wall socket with a socket for the landline cable and one for the ADSL cable.  Both cables are plugged straight into their sockets.  It's worked fine for two years.  Do you think it would help to put a filter in the ADSL  set up?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Have you tried a new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Post the return for your phone number , or if on Digital Voice use your  address to see the predicted speed for your location .

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Also post your router ‘advanced’ connection statistics to see what your actual connection speed is , finally was the tech that visited a BT Home ‘expert’ or an Openreach tech , the BT Home experts only check your internal setup etc , if there were an issue on the line or ADSL/FTTC equipment they cannot help with that .

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

ADSL BROADBAND CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Hi everybody, I have had BT broadband for 2 years now with minimal connection problems until last Thursday.  I could view web pages slowly but couldn't watch any videos on any of my devices.  My neighbour let me piggy back off her BT ADSL broadband and I could watch video content on Amazon Prime Video faultlessly even through brick walls.  I phoned BT who checked my line and couldn't find any faults and told me my Firestick is faulty, but I told them I could watch videos fine on it using my neighbour's WiFi and I couldn't watch videos on my phone or my laptop either.  They can't all have gone wrong on the same day!  After 4 hours on the phone and 4 different people the last person said he would send a new hub and book an appointment for an engineer to come here on Monday this week.

He arrived and did some tests and was getting good speeds like before it went wrong!  He did confirm that I had had some outages.  He did some tweaks with his laptop and I did see a bit of improvement for about 10 minutes after he'd gone and then it went back to buffering and freezing and being blurry and out of sync.  I have another Firestick in the lounge and I showed him the difference between my connection and my neighbour's.  He told me he thought my Firestick could be faulty!!!!  I now have two faulty Firesticks, a faulty phone and laptop.  It's ridiculous!  

I bought new RJ11 and RJ45 cables and I have just connected them to my router and the test socket and have taken a variety of speedtests with my supposedly faulty laptop.  Before last Thursday I was getting download speeds of 17 and 18 and I do match commentary for Andy Murray Tennis Fans and often I was told that I was quite a bit ahead of other people with my scores!  I have been very pleased with my service.

AD BTSPEEDTEST 04102023.PNGBT SPEEDTEST 04102023 TEST SOCKET.jpgBT SPEEDTEST 04102023 16.06.PNG

I did take some more photos that were all like the first one showing 0 download and 0 upload!  I've kept it plugged into the test socket in case it improves!  I took photos with the phone connected and without and it made no difference.  My landline is working perfectly.  Any ideas what I can do?

0 Ratings