cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

Re: Openreach

If the Fault is on the Network, i.e. between the DSLAM and NTE them switching your CP won’t make a difference.

Only if the faults on the CP Equipment, Router or CP’s Back Haul will changing make a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 5

We’ve had numerous engineers come round they pull into the line see loads of errors clear them go up the pole and then it works fine for a couple of weeks but then it slowly goes back to being really slow boarding on unusable 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

If your internet is ‘horrible’ and has been for months , that suggests it wasn’t always horrible, so have you actually reported it as such ?
As to your question , unless the problem is your BT router ( very unlikely ) then if you change provider and there is an underlying issue , then nothing will change , the new provider will be using the same Openreach provided  infrastructure with the underlying issue …..if you haven’t reported the problem , and re reported it if necessary, then it is unlikely to simply ‘fix’ itself

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@JKD10 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Openreach

Im just wondering my internet is horrible on bt has been for months and there seems to be no fix so im wondering if switching to sky for example would change anything as they both use openreach and therefore the same connection so is it even worth looking at potentially switching as in my area fibre isnt available yet

0 Ratings