cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Switch to ADSL2

Go to solution

I've cancelled the Halo3.

Waiting for CS to respond. Can anyone show me, on the availability checker, what to quote to demonstrate I can get ADSL2? The engineers' word doesn't seem to be enough. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

@Guineafowl21 

I agree with @rbz5416 and would contact CS and drop Halo3 from your package as expensive and not much use if you have a poor EE mobile signal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

There used to be a department called Connections that actually knew what they were talking about. No idea if they still exist but maybe see if you can get to speak to them?

As I said previously, if you don't cancel the Halo within your cooling off period, there's a high chance that you never will be able to.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

I'm now on the phone to BT.

The CS chap is adamant I can't switch to ADSL2, although he never used the term.

So, I have two engineers telling me the cabinet is 21CN and able to switch to ADSL2 on request. I have BT telling me this is not possible. I'm inclined to believe the engineers who have seen the kit.

What do I do now?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks. Apparently the DLM is improved so I might get fewer dropouts.

Was there any point in moving to the Halo 3? I got the feeling the guide sold me that instead of switching the modulation.

Splitting the wifi channels was an early attempt to solve the problem. I don't need it.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

thanks

from stats the increase in down speed due to distance from exchange will no be great moving to adsl2 but it will make difference to up speed probably 2x

I note you split the 2.4/5ghz networks but you cannot do that with the newer SH2

you need to phone CS 03301234150 and get them to move you to adsl2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

Screenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).png

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

are you able to post stats from hub - advanced settings then technical log information

you have hh6/SH1 and the newer SH2 is more suited to FTTC or FTTP connections

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

I had more luck with the screenshots on the PC.

Regarding the hub, both engineers who came to the house said it was an old model and might be part of the problem. Apparently the newer ones also give much more detailed diagnostic information.

The cabinet is 21CN and therefore capable of ADSL2. I'm really looking for a switch of modulation, if nothing else as an attempt to solve the fault. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).png

0 Ratings