cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

900mb customer 2.4 and 5ghz issues

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 900mb line, I've read that the bt smart hub 2 does not support splitting ssid into 2.4 and 5ghz networks...is there a new hub that allows this? 

The probem is, I need the 2.4 for things like smart light bulbs and ring doorbell, but want my laptop and phone using 5ghz for the speed....however my phone and laptop constantly change between the two bands which is really frustrating...

Any solution other than a new router? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: 900mb customer 2.4 and 5ghz issues

there is no new BT hub which allows you to split the networks.  it is your devices which are deciding which network they connect to not the hub

if you want to to split networks need a new third party router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: 900mb customer 2.4 and 5ghz issues

The cheapest way is to disable one or other of the bands on the hub (it doesn't matter which) and connect something like a wi-fi repeater, connected in access point mode, to the hub via an ethernet cable to replace the one you disabled. You'll then have two different networks with two distinct SSIDs