cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Advance digital phone won't register alexa

I've been sent a BT Advance landline phone with an Alexa button, but to set it up, the enclosed instructions say that the phone will give you a code. Mine just won't give me the code, I just go round in circles. 

I've spent 40 minutes on the phone to Amazon and they can't find a solution.

I've spent half an hour on the phone with BT and they have tried everything and eventually gave up and sent me another. I've got the second one, same problo. On the Alexa setup screen it just says I need to go online. Online it says I need the code. Can anyone help??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Advance digital phone won't register alexa

Is it not the amazon login to the address provided in instructions using laptop or other device that give you the code which you enter into your phone and not the phone that generates the code. That then links your phone to your Amazon account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I tried the address it gave on the handset originally but got stuck at the screen asking for a reference number. Now it doesn't even give me the web address. It just says I need to go online, but no link, no reference.  

Also tried logging into Amazon and adding a device, that didn't work.

Phone doesn't ask for a reference number.

Also tried hard reset of handset and base.

Message 4 of 7

After you press Alexa on phone you need to go to 

HTTPS://amazon.com/gb/code    then sign in to your Amazon account. From memory you then get a code which you enter into phone to link it to your account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the idea, but tried that, it says... "Register Your Device

Enter the code that you found on your device so we can register it with your Amazon account. Then click on 'Continue' to proceed to the next step"

But I don't have a code.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I had the same problem and found the following solution. Remove the batteries from the hand set for a couple of minutes, replace them. Turn off router for a couple of minutes. Turn on and when blue light appears on router, press Alexa button on digital phone and the code will appear on the screen. Good luck!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

this forces you to login to your amazon account which for UK customers will be amazon.co.uk so you're scuppered at the outset
0 Ratings