cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 801 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

Now, that does read like good news.

When BT Cloud works as it did before, its a fantastic product/service.
0 Ratings
Message 802 of 1,226

@RKMwrote:

If a priority has to be called, I would say the server software needs to be addressed first because, although everyone's backups are still saved on BTCloud, the "top folder content only" bug means BTCloud is essentially WOM (Write Only Memory).  Unless you are creating or changing thousands of files on daily basis  then continual backup is much less important than the ability to retrieve what has already been backed up.

As I indicated in message 791, if the app is working a complete directory structure can be downloaded, provided the directory is at the next level down from Documents (I haven't tried Desktop directories yet).

It does require care when selecting the directory to be downloaded, and I would recommend having Task Manager open in order to be able to kill the BT Cloud task if it runs away.

I've only tried quite small downloads (up to 200MB) but the sub-directories' contents do get downloaded. Whether a previous poster's 56GB would download it would be interesting to know.

0 Ratings
Message 803 of 1,226

@GeoffSmithwrote: As I indicated in message 791, if the app is working a complete directory structure can be downloaded, provided the directory is at the next level down from Documents (I haven't tried Desktop directories yet).

It does require care when selecting the directory to be downloaded, and I would recommend having Task Manager open in order to be able to kill the BT Cloud task if it runs away.

Unfortunately, that is far to many ifs and user interventions for that to be a widely usable solution.

0 Ratings
Message 804 of 1,226

RKM

The simple thing is in BT’s words “that plug was pulled by the previous provider for cloud services “ so BT had to introduce new software. It was clear at the time of release the product was full of faults down to lack of testing again BT admit to this. 

As a customer who pays for a service really BT failure is down to BT. As a result of my complaints pre Christmas about poor customer Service one of the BT reps contacted me directly and apologised for the “ total lack  customer of customer service and he to would try and repair the BT reputation for me”.

So he sent me a link to a new download of the Cloud  that would permanently cure my issues and everything was fine for one evening, the next day the software supplied did what the previous software that we all got and it jammed up my computer. An uninstall of the Cloud software returned my computer back to normal. I contacted the Rep again so say BT had failed again. So he asked me to send logs to show what had so I did. He then assured me that before the 1/1/2021 we would all get a fully fixed and working cloud. Again BT failed to delivered.

The BT rep has failed to respond to emails I have sent ........probably because he is too embarrassed to do so  because BT has yet again failed.

You might be prepared to wait and is your choice. My preference for BT to pull finger and deliver the all contracted services that we pay for. The lack of BT Customer Service communication is a pointer to where we are......BT are a joke!!

I wonder if they will give new date of 1/1/22 before we get a fix or just admit defeat and crawl back to the previous provider to deliver a reliable service delivered by competent individuals!!!!

Happy days not

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 805 of 1,226

So in summary for those of us who still have never managed to download the latest cloud app a new client is still not available?

0 Ratings
Message 806 of 1,226

Steveay

There is a Cloud update that you can download ( at least I think it is still available) and it might work for you however many of us find it to be a nightmare.

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 807 of 1,226

Thanks I wont bother yet

0 Ratings
Message 808 of 1,226

@steveaywrote:

So in summary for those of us who still have never managed to download the latest cloud app a new client is still not available?

BT Cloud 20.6.1 is the original replacement to the old desk-top style Cloud and the only one available (still). It 'lives' (for Windows users) in the Task Bar under the up arrow at the right of your screen (if your task bar runs along the bottom), together with all other partially hidden apps. The old style big box that launches with boot-up is no more. When you update (or load) the app it gives you no feedback at all that it is installed - you just have to look for the cloud icon. BT Cloud is also accessible (whether you have the app loaded or not) from a web-browser - and if you do have the app loaded you can launch the web page from that app. The 'desk-top' app works for some people, but not apparently others, but in general accessing via the web browser is more successful. All data stored before the change-over will be there (we are assured, and I have no evidence to dispute that) - but your back-up routines may have been turned off; so back-ups may have stopped. These can be turned back on again via the settings in the web browser. You can access stuff via your own pages on the BT site (though 'My BT').

0 Ratings
Message 809 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud update not working

I have just had same happen to me, said it needed updating and had to remove old app..Avast flagged as an error which I over rode then app disappeared. Tried to download and looked like it was happening but stoppped halfway through..now I have lost BT cloud and seemingly all the docs I had saved to it..What is happening and how to resolve please?

0 Ratings
Message 810 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

I presume this is still an ongoing issue. Ive just deleted and reinstalled BT Cloud but it still won't start. Seems to have been a problem for a few weeks now.

0 Ratings