cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 771 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - Selective Download

@NigelB143 

I've just started a thread with the same issue, so not just you.

Did a new thread because it was via a browser & not the app and looked like a new issue.

0 Ratings
Message 772 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - Selective Download

@GeoffSmithwrote:

I'm relieved to find that Selective Download is less complicated than I previously thought. 

Selective Download.jpg

Most importantly (based on a single test) sub-directories are now being included (previously they were empty).  And the download took place immediately. Earlier I tried a takeout using the BT Cloud Website, and the sub-directories were still empty; hopefully that will soon be corrected.

Subsequent tests have all failed to download just the selected directory but instead have started to download from a higher level.

Not just useless but risking downloading a vast amount of data.

0 Ratings
Message 773 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

Hi John. I am Richard. All of the files that I want stored on the cloud are in the location you specified and they are in 6 sub folders under BT Cloud. However, if I use the web to look at my BT Cloud, all the items are listed in one list - documents and pictures separately of course. There are no folders, but perhaps that is what you would expect.

If I go to the C directory on my PC and click on Users, then Richard, there is a list of items which includes Documents which contains the 6 sub-folders. However, I note one of the other items is a folder called BT Cloud which contains only pictures on my PC. I don't think that is causing any problems but wonder if I should remove it.

The other point I wanted to mention is that when I open the Preferences box via the BT Cloud dashboard and click on any of the cogwheels, that produces amongst other things the words Storage Mapping. When I click on that, it shows the bullet with DESKTOP-1RR515T (Richard's Windows Desktop). I assume that is correct rather that it showing the folder BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 774 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote: All of the files that I want stored on the cloud are in the location you specified and they are in 6 sub folders under BT Cloud. However, if I use the web to look at my BT Cloud, all the items are listed in one list - documents and pictures separately of course. There are no folders, but perhaps that is what you would expect.

When you are using the web interface to view your cloud storage, are you selecting "All my files" on the left had menu?  That should show all of your files in the same folder structure that you have them on your PC.

If you just use the default viewing mode, files are grouped into libraries, such as "Photos and Videos", "Contacts", "Music" etc. by file type, irrespective of your personal filing arrangements.  This is just for viewing convenience, they remain stored in the original folders on the cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 775 of 1,226

Thanks RKM. You are right, of course. As you may have noticed from my previous postings, the BT Cloud desktop is not working for me since the "upgrade". An "unexplained error" is "pausing" the program. So nothing is being automatically uploaded at the moment although everything there is safe. Another person on this forum JTS1 is trying hard to assist me. In the meantime, I have uploaded a few key items myself via the web interface. But looking at "All my files" at your suggestion shows me they are there but not, of course, ending up in the right folder. However, I see that I can move them myself if I wish to.

0 Ratings
Message 776 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:

Thanks RKM. You are right, of course. As you may have noticed from my previous postings, the BT Cloud desktop is not working for me since the "upgrade". An "unexplained error" is "pausing" the program. So nothing is being automatically uploaded at the moment although everything there is safe. Another person on this forum JTS1 is trying hard to assist me. In the meantime, I have uploaded a few key items myself via the web interface. But looking at "All my files" at your suggestion shows me they are there but not, of course, ending up in the right folder. However, I see that I can move them myself if I wish to.

I would recommend that you copy them to the right folders, rather than moving them.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 777 of 1,226

Against my better judgement as an experiment I used the web interface to upload about 80 photos. 

The upload went OK although the interface just blasts the pictures up ignoring the fact they were in a folder but that folder does not now get automatically added as an Album. Even the last debacle had so called Smart Albums.

Thus to create the Album one has to access all the pictures manually, whilst having the ability to create a new album with say the first picture you cannot add further pictures via the existing album feature as it says the album I just created does not exist !

I logged off an on and got exactly the same, thinking the first album had not been created I added another one using the same name, neither appear on the list of existing albums as an option to add to but appear down the side list as albums that do exist ! 

How one adds additional photos to an existing album who knows.

Still waiting of course for an answer about Bt Cloud and AVG and also how you logout of the app on the Ipad.

0 Ratings
Message 778 of 1,226

Unexpected Error on Cloud Mac os

Apologies if this is on the incorrect board.

I have BTCloud running in the background on my mac and recently it has stopped backing up, I constantly have the Cloud with an exclamation mark in it telling me there has been and unexpected error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

I actually resorted to calling the BT helpline, after sitting in the queue for an eternity I got speaking to someone reading from a script, who, once he realised was out of his depth, hung up on me.

Please help

0 Ratings
Message 779 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote: Thanks RKM. You are right, of course. As you may have noticed from my previous postings, the BT Cloud desktop is not working for me since the "upgrade". An "unexplained error" is "pausing" the program.

As you can see from my other post, I have a similar problem with the BTCloud desktop app except, instead of pausing the unexplained error simply crashes/closes the program within a fraction of a second of launching it.  I can only see what is actually happening by viewing the log files after it has crashed.

0 Ratings
Message 780 of 1,226

@Cicerowrote:

Against my better judgement as an experiment I used the web interface to upload about 80 photos. 

The upload went OK although the interface just blasts the pictures up ignoring the fact they were in a folder but that folder does not now get automatically added as an Album. Even the last debacle had so called Smart Albums.

Thus to create the Album one has to access all the pictures manually, whilst having the ability to create a new album with say the first picture you cannot add further pictures via the existing album feature as it says the album I just created does not exist !

I logged off an on and got exactly the same, thinking the first album had not been created I added another one using the same name, neither appear on the list of existing albums as an option to add to but appear down the side list as albums that do exist ! 

How one adds additional photos to an existing album who knows.

Still waiting of course for an answer about Bt Cloud and AVG and also how you logout of the app on the Ipad.

I had a similar problem, in that when I created an Album, it did not appear in my list of existing albums. 

This was because the list is limited to the first hundred Albums, even though I have more than three hundred. 

However, the Albums are in a particular order decided by the user (see the User Guide) in my case it had defaulted to alphabetical  order.  Another Forum Member told me a work around, for example, if I had an album with the Title - Zoo, if I go to this album and temporarily rename it AAA Zoo, it will appear at the top of the Existing Albums, you can also do this with numbers and dates, etc. 

If you have created a second album with the same name, you can transfer contents between them and then delete the redundant one.
JTS1

0 Ratings