cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 781 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Yes, similar problems to those that others are having. Simply have a new BT Cloud app on my desk top that won't open.

The alternative that Bt give is a drop and drag thing....what's the point of any cloud? Not to have to click and drag. Get your act together BT.

0 Ratings
Message 782 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

RKM I think we are pretty much the same. Although the message says "paused", in reality it has crashed and I can' open the program. I can only get into it through the website where I can see that all my files are still there, unchanged since 1st December. Very strangely in the last couple of weeks, according to the desktop dashboard it has twice done some updating, the first time of a single file, the next of a handful of files. All are files I created years ago and have not opened for a very long time. But it is still not working

0 Ratings
Message 783 of 1,226

JTS I would recommend that you copy them to the right folders, rather than moving them.

I don't understand. The uploading I have done is by clicking on the Upload symbol on the website and simply dropping files in. It does not appear to let me choose where they go.

0 Ratings
Message 784 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:

RKM I think we are pretty much the same. Although the message says "paused", in reality it has crashed and I can' open the program. I can only get into it through the website where I can see that all my files are still there, unchanged since 1st December. Very strangely in the last couple of weeks, according to the desktop dashboard it has twice done some updating, the first time of a single file, the next of a handful of files. All are files I created years ago and have not opened for a very long time. But it is still not working

Following RKM's Advise did you look at All of your files in the Dashboard as shown below:
All My Files 1.jpg
What do you get when you click on you black folders and were any of the files that recently succeeded in syncing resident in any of these folders?.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 785 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:

JTS I would recommend that you copy them to the right folders, rather than moving them.

I don't understand. The uploading I have done is by clicking on the Upload symbol on the website and simply dropping files in. It does not appear to let me choose where they go.

Sorry Richard, I was responding to your Message 774, where you were suggesting moving files, but I had hit the quick reply again.

0 Ratings
Message 786 of 1,226

Hi everyone and Happy New Year

I wanted to provide a quick update on the BT Cloud client for Windows issue some of you have been experiencing. Our BT Cloud team has been working over the festive period collating the logs you’ve sent us and replicating what you’ve reported to us. Fixes for these issues are now being developed and tested. This is encouraging and we hope to have more news to share with you soon.

A massive thanks to everyone who has submitted logs and comments, it has been a great help to the BT Cloud team as they work through the issues. I’ll update you as soon as I can with further developments and thanks for your patience with us.

Cheers

John

Message 787 of 1,226

Thanks JohnC2

As paying customers we find the word “soon”a huge bit frustrating. Why no timeframe and stick to it?  Come on BT you gave the date of 1/1/21 as being the latest date and that has come and gone. The School report card still reads failure and no response to emails that were sent to the people who are supposed to be working directly with the Cloud Team. Something stinks here and the BT reputation is suffering. Come on BT pull the finger out and sort your Cloud issues!!!

0 Ratings
Message 788 of 1,226

JTS1 I have looked at All My Files and that was the basis of my answer tp RKM. When I click on All My Files I get just two black folders - BT Cloud and Richard's Windows Desktop (DESKTOP 1RR515T. When I open BT Cloud I find the original 6 folders that have been uploaded and continuously synced in the cloud since I joined until 1st December. There are also 4 new folders which I dropped in on 1st January using the Upload facility on the webpage together with a number of individual files which I dropped in on the same date plus two more today. The 4 new folders and almost all of the individual files already exist as sub-folders and files within the original 6 folders. However, clearly the system does not recognise them and neither attempts to put things in the same folders or overwrite them. None of that is a problem in that all I am trying to do is make sure up to date versions of some of my most important files are in the cloud and I am achieving that. But I would rather, of course, that the syncing was happening as it should and that I would not need to drop them in regularly via the webpage.

And I still wonder if you mean that, after I have dropped them in, I should not try and transfer them into the original folders. I have done it with a couple and it seems to work OK

0 Ratings
Message 789 of 1,226

rperc13 and JTS1

As interesting as your post are they are really a conversation between you two so why not take to a person to person conversation as opposed to taking up forum space.

0 Ratings
Message 790 of 1,226

Is this an accurate summary?

Black Folders
Richard's Windows Desktop (DESKTOP 1RR515T) is Empty;  

BT Cloud contains 6 original Folders and all of the original files. 
BT Cloud also contains 4 additional Folders with different names (added 1st Jan 2021).  These Folders contain copies of some of the original files.
BT Cloud also contains some additional individual files (added 1st Jan 2021 and a further 2 added on 8th Jan 2021).  

When you added (copied/moved) a couple of files from the 2021 Folders into the Original Folders they synced correctly.

JTS1
0 Ratings