cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport UHD through Amazon Fire Cube

Hi there,

Hoping someone can assist.

I'm regularly kicked out of the stream and back to the BT Sport home screen whilst watching UHD content.  It happens every time the stream goes to an ad break during a half time football match for example, as if the stream going from UHD to SD triggers the kick out. I could live with this to be honest, but it also kicks me out during the match itself. Occasionally I receive the VC019, but also just kicked to the home screen with no message. 

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks Daniel

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport UHD through Amazon Fire Cube

What broadband product and speed are you one? minimum recommended speed is 44Mb/s

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-UHD/td-p/1959938https://www.bt.com/help/bt-sport/bt-s...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the response.

I'm with sky at 75mbps so can't imagine this is the problem. I have no problems streaming UHD content on any other application.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

We're currently investigating this issue - a small number devices are suddenly stopping with a report that they don't understand the content format anymore.
I can only apologise for the inconvenience, and assure you we're doing all we can to find and fix this.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the response, however this is a long term problem for me, not something that has just started recently.

To provide some more information, the problem seems to be exacerbated through my onkyo nr 696 AV receiver. If I connect the Amazon cube directly to the TV, the stream still drops off during the adverts, however seems to be stable through the match. Through the AV receiver the problem is far more frequent and drops out regularly. Obviously I lose the Atmos sound through the TV so this really isn't an ideal solution. 

Any help would be great.

Daniel

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The problem has existed since we launched the app on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV - it's only these 2 platforms affected. Our initial investigation suggested it was only when switching from the match (in Atmos) to the adverts (in stereo), but as you've said, that's not always the case.
If you could send me a DM with your BT ID I can check your device logs and confirm it has the same signature.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Get the same problem. 

really irritating. 

everytime into ads and about of ads. 

Done this ever since I’ve had the cube  

2 clicks and straight back on  

I have a 900 connection. Getting 847 down 110 up. 

got a firestick in another room, stutters at ads but doesn’t drop 

Was doing this before the Atmos broadcasts  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

So tonight Burnley Man City. 

No HDR no Atmos, still doing it into and out of ad breaks. 

0 Ratings