cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: BT Sport Ultimate (4K HDR) not working on Samsung Smart TV

Hi @DarrenDev 

im really struggling to understand this now. 
the device checker is all green but the Wasps v Bristol just won’t display in ultimate. It’s in Standard on BT sport 2 live but not showing as an ultimate even though it’s listed as such.

ive logged out and in again and power cycled and still only have standard HD. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get Ultimate working now device checker is all green.

as others have said, it worked perfectly for over a year for me and I’m paying for ultimate so it would be good if this could get sorted asap

marc 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

There are 2 ways for us to disable Ultimate @marcwatson :

* where we know it's going to fail, we specifically mark the feature as disabled.  This then shows in the device checker.  This is managed by our dev team.

* where we expected it to work but a live (real time) issue has been detected, our ops guys have a number of kill switches. These take effect immediately, and just disable that feature until it can be manually investigated by the devs.

We had 100% confidence in the fix that was pushed out earlier this week (as it had passed all of our tests), so the feature was re-enabled by the devs - so device checker shows it as available.

During the rugby match last night, Samsung 2019 TVs started reporting a new error in large volumes.  This resulted in ops hitting the kill switch, temporarily disabling Ultimate across ALL Samsung TVs.

One of 2 things will happen on Monday:

* the devs will investigate, find/fix the fault, and the kill switch will be reset

* the app will be updated to specifically disable Ultimate on 2019 again, pending further work

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Thanks for the explanation @DarrenDev . Much appreciated 

0 Ratings