cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport error code IPC6023

Hi, I have had the VIP package since moving into my house last November. The premium channels, Sky Sports, BT Sports have never been watchable from the TV guide. I have to use the NOW app or BT Sport app. The problem is, no BT Sport app on the BT TV PRO box, just BT TV which doesn't do live sport channels. I have to watch sport on the dining room TV through apps.

Finally trying to sort this out. I've done all the resets etc, tests, it finally tells me I have to ring 0800... which I have been doing on and off, 'very busy' is all I get.

Nearly missed the Champions League game last night. Could someone please look into this.

Cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport error code IPC6023

I suspect it's the 'multi-cast packets can't be delivered' problem.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

IPC6023 is a very common error, search this community and you'll find loads of possible ways of correcting it. A couple of the common ones are to switch the ONT off at the mains for about 30 seconds and if you are using powerline adapters then try using an ethernet cable instead

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Les, I've tried most solutions, it's just that the BT website fault checker said ring them up. My router and TV box are next to each other connected by ethernet.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

If you're FTTP then turning the ONT off is the most important one, and most frequently missed. Restarting the hub won't do it - you need to restart the little white box where the fibre comes into the home.

It's also possible that the issue is outside your home - in which case calling us is the only option I'm afraid, and you'll just need to be patient.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thanks Darren, unfortunately out in the country now, no FTTP sadly. Left 600Mbs behind 😞
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Can't get through on the phone 😞
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Fozziebear40 

Just out of curiosity what does the  BT Wholesale Checker say about multicast availability?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Nearly 12 months since I reported this issue, I thought I would revisit it again. I haven't missed any VIP content as I watch it all through Apps on Apple TV. However, it would be nice to use the planner on the BT Pro Box. I have never been able to watch any premium VIP TV through the planner, ever.

I get IPC6023 or IPC6007. I've reset everything lot's of times, my BT Pro Box is next to the router so connected directly with ethernet cable.

0 Ratings