cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT TV Box Pro - Connecting via Wi-Fi is not possible

I eventually did get the wi-fi setup on the box, but a few weeks ago it lost it again so had to re-plug ethernet in, not tried since, definitely something inherently  not right with the pro box anyway, as occasionally there is very slight jumping with the picture, happens on all channels, wi-fi and hard wired. Will contact BT when I have a few hours to spare on the phone!   BT Whole Wi-Fi on Fibre with 4 Extended discs.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

Just received the BT TV BOX PRO and like tons of others WIFI connection impossibile to achieve - BT quality of service is disgraceful, out of the box experience is frustrating and the experience as a customer is so disheartening that it is difficult to put down in words. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Confirmed WiFi is working for me to following update overnight

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

well, you have knackered my connection now...was working fine before...now can't connect via wifi either wps or manually. im getting texts from you to say box not updated last night and needs doing before 11am...but when I check its up to date. dont you test this stuff first...?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

I haven't tried again since loosing wi-fi months ago, but will try again later today. Box updated overnight, but have to admit I am not hopeful. Something inherently wrong with the technology of the BT box. 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Hi @pc001,

Thanks for the post. I am so sorry you have lost the wireless connection to your BT TV Box Pro.

Last nights update would not have had an impact on the wireless functionality of the box so I think this is a coincidence. Having said that I would like to help you. Could you try the steps outlined on this link, https://www.bt.com/help/tv/set-up-bt-tv/tv-box-pro/wi-fi?

If that fails to help then we will contact you via Private message to get some details from you so we can investigate.

Let me know when you have had a chance to try the steps above.

Thanks,
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

hi, as I said I had managed to get it working fine prior to last nights release, working ok over wifi for last few months and now all of a sudden it stopped working...bit of a coincidence no? nevertheless I have followed your steps but no they haven't fixed the issue...

I dont understand your point that last nights release wouldn't have affected the wifi connectivity...it was mentioned further back that that was what the release was for?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

Hi @pc001,

Last nights update was to do with a Freeview update for launching BBC Three this morning. 

I think it would be best if we took a look into your issue though. I'll send you a private message with some details that I need from you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

WiFi recovered on my Pro Box with no issue - but I've had to reboot the box to get the HDMI-CEC working from it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings