cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

BT TV Box Pro Not starting

Hi,

I recently received a BT TV Box Pro as part of my BT package. I initially set it up without any issues.  Went to turn the box on today and it comes up with a purple screen with a BT logo and then the screen goes black. 

The bt logo on the box is also flashing purple. Have tried replacing all the wires and reset the box several times. The box is connected to the Internet via the supplied ethernet cable and the router is working ok

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT TV Box Pro Not starting

How long have you left it?  I've found the purple flashing light seems to go on for ages with nothing happening on video. It does seem much longer than the old BT box.

@David575wrote:

Hi,

I recently received a BT TV Box Pro as part of my BT package. I initially set it up without any issues.  Went to turn the box on today and it comes up with a purple screen with a BT logo and then the screen goes black. 

The bt logo on the box is also flashing purple. Have tried replacing all the wires and reset the box several times. The box is connected to the Internet via the supplied ethernet cable and the router is working ok

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Hi. I left it on for an hour or two to see if it would correct itself but it didn't. When I initially installed it the box would start instantly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Not good - seems like an hour when you are watching but I guess mine is about 5 minutes.

Is the tv on when you do this?

@David575wrote:

Hi. I left it on for an hour or two to see if it would correct itself but it didn't. When I initially installed it the box would start instantly.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Yes TV is on. When I initially turn on the box it shows a purple BT screen on the TV then the TV screen goes blank. Tried resetting the box several times and same result.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

When you say you've tried a reset, do you mean just the power?  Or an actual system reset from maintenance mode?  https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

I have the same issue, having now followed the info on the link provided instead of flashing logo i have a solid logo and still a black screen. Left it for a while and nothing. Tried again same result

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Tried plugging the box into a different TV?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Try leaving it a little longer perhaps?

This box takes the longest I have ever seen from a mains power on to actually being usable.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Hi @ShavedApe,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with your BT TV Box.

If you try another TV as suggested by @FTT and get the same result, then the only option left would be to try a full factory reset. - Factory Reset 

This will delete all your recording but should hopefully resolve the issue.

If that still doesn't work, post back as you'll more than likely need a replacement box.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings