cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT TV Pro Box - Sound and Picture Dropouts

Hi there

Not sure if anyone has any advise or similar experiences but I’ve had the new BT Pro box for a couple of weeks now and have noticed on my recordings there’s occasionally about a 2 sec sound drop and slight picture disturbance, never had it on the old one just wondered if this is a known issue, (I think it’s only on recordings not live tv)  also sometimes when turning on the box after the following day there’s no sound and have to turn it off and on to get it back.

cheers Ollie

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV Pro Box - Sound and Picture Dropouts

Specific channels would be useful to know? It could depend on what recordings you have going at the time and what else is on the internet.

It is worth powering the Box Pro and hub off for a minute at the mains - then power the hub back on and once blue power the Box Pro back on.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

So far on all recording from bbc, itv, channel 4 and 5, have reset the box but still the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

That could be an aerial problem rather than the box. Those channels come from your tv aerial and not the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I did think that but it wasn’t doing it with my previous box and have tested with a spare free view box and that seem fine, it’s not a breakup of picture and sound like when there’s a week signal, on a couple of recordings it’s just 2 seconds of sound that drops, and to the point of no sound at all when turning on the box from the previous day really doesn’t seem right.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

If it is a clean 2 second a/v drop-out then all returns with no issue - that is more like a handshaking issue.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

@olliejbwrote:

I did think that but it wasn’t doing it with my previous box and have tested with a spare free view box and that seem fine, it’s not a breakup of picture and sound like when there’s a week signal, on a couple of recordings it’s just 2 seconds of sound that drops, and to the point of no sound at all when turning on the box from the previous day really doesn’t seem right.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I first of all thought it was an issue with my AV reciver however after unpluging from my AV and direct to the TV its still being doing it, also with a differnt cable, its just odd it never did anything with the old box. Also another little niggle while the TV is off and the box is in standby every 30 seconds or so you can hear a fan kicking in for about 8 seconds then going off. (that may just be me nitpicking) 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Was the old box a UHD box? UHD boxes are more particular.

Even via the amp - the issue could be with the tv.

@olliejbwrote:

I first of all thought it was an issue with my AV reciver however after unpluging from my AV and direct to the TV its still being doing it, also with a differnt cable, its just odd it never did anything with the old box. Also another little niggle while the TV is off and the box is in standby every 30 seconds or so you can hear a fan kicking in for about 8 seconds then going off. (that may just be me nitpicking) 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Yes the old box was 4K and as I said was absolutely fine, everything else plugged in to the TV and AV receiver is also fine just seems to be recordings on the pro just intermittently for about 1-2 seconds.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

+1 Having same issue here, BT Box Pro is connected using Wi-Fi to my BT Whole Home WiFi disc, using WiFi after issues with Ethernet. Thought might solve it.

0 Ratings