cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: BT TV Pro remote volume confusion

Go to solution

Your solution does not work for me with a SONOS Playbase... I've tried every option, although I can get the MUTE button to MUTE sound I can't control the volume on the PLAYBASE or the Optical volume on the TOS link. On the SONOS setup I'm currently using both the LG TV remote and SKY remote , but they are IR and SONOS will learn them . If this BT TV PRO remote is bluetooth then I don't see how the SONOS method will work. I can't understand if why when setup as SET-TOP BOX the optical output from the SAGEMCOM/YOUVIEW Box is not being controlled when the MUTE operation appears to work. If I've set up for SURROUND it does not let me change volume and if I'm set up as stereo the volume bar moves but with no effect on the optical volume output.

Edit... maybe I found the answer not the one I was looking for :-

Can I connect my surround sound system to my BT TV box? | BT Help

When using Surround Sound, you will need to use the remote control for that system to control the volume.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: BT TV Pro remote volume confusion

Go to solution

I've now solved my problem too.... after reading BT Pro remote - Page 2 - BT Community

The BT PRO remote is BOTH BLUETOOTH and IR .... BLUETOOTH to the BT Box but IR to your TV

So set HDMI to Stereo

and SPDIF to Surround 

and on the SONOS Android APP ... under PLAYBASE settings went through Remote Control Setup and Bobs Your Uncle I can now control the volume on my SONOS PLAYBASE and get SURROUND sound (i hope)

I tried going BT TV OPTIC to TV  and TV OPTIC to PLAYBASE but the out of sync delay is terrible to adjust , the TV slows it down too much.... BT TV OPTIC to PLAYBASE is the best result. I have an OPTIC switch to feed TV OPTIC to PLAYBASE for TV APPS like YOUTUBE.NETFLIX,NOW, etc. but usually use the BT BOX for streaming to avoid this problem.

V

0 Ratings