cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Wifi not able to log in

I'm hoping someone can help with BT Wifi issues.

I've got access to BT wifi via an FTTP service. I can log into mybt on the BT website, I can see my bills there along with the right address etc so I know I'm logged in correctly. When logged in I can see the button to opt out of bt wifi, I'm assuming as it doesn't say opt in that I have never opt'd out by mistake,

The problem is I can't log in BT wifi, either via the log in page of via the bt wifi app. It doesn't matter if I'm on mobile data, connected to another wifi or any other situation the app won't log in. It just says my details are wrong.

I know the details aren't wrong I can go from logging in to the mybt page to the bt wifi app, copying and pasting the details from the same place to each and mybt works but the app doesn't

Any ideas

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wifi not able to log in

Hi @mlewis104, welcome to the forum and sorry you are unable to access the BT Wifi. 

Please check out BT Wifi Help and see if this helps resolve the problem.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi John,

No none of those steps helped (sorry been a long month).

I'm still unable to access any bt wifi either via the login page presented when connecting manually or via the app

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Can you see the BTWIFI network from your own hub?  If so try and log in to that using your BTID and password. No need to use app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately the BT WiFi app no longer works and no longer exists in the windows store, which is a shame as it worked well. But as usual BT/Microsoft know best without considering users.

These are the new instructions for using BT WiFi, no where as easy to use as it used to just automatically connect with the app.

Unfortunately this does not go straight to the answer so I will copy the text

How do I connect to a BT Wi-fi hotspot with my laptop?

Switch on your laptop and make sure your laptop's wireless is also switched on. You'll need to get it to look for available wireless networks.

With a Windows computer, you usually do this by clicking on the "Networks" icon in the system tray at the bottom of the screen or going to the Networks panel in the "Control Panel". With an Apple laptop, click on the "Airport" icon at the top of the screen and a list of available networks should drop down.

Get specific connection instructions for your operating system >

You should look for wireless networks with names that include "BT Wi-fi", "Openzone" or "FON". If you see one of these, click on the name and (if necessary) click "Connect".

You'll now be connected to the BT Wi-fi hotspot.

1. Once connected, launch an internet browser (like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome)
  2. This should load the BT Wi-fi landing page automatically. If it doesn't, go to https://www.btwifi.com:8443
  3. From the BT Wi-fi landing page, select the appropriate radio button (usually BT Broadband or BT Wi-fi)
  4. Put in your username and password

Get help with BT Wi-fi usernames and passwords >

5. Click Login
0 Ratings