cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT and Eufy camera recordings

Go to solution

Hi there, at my wits end with this one(!)

I bought a Eufy doorbell camera for myself and have had it set up and connected with Vodafone with zero issues.
I decided to buy a Eufy for my Mum for her home and she is on BT internet.
It was all going well, then BT pushed a firmware update to the router and since then my Mum’s Eufy camera recordings are no longer being saved for viewing in the events log at all.
We went down the troubleshooting route with Eufy, nothing seemed to work (uninstalling, deleting, readding…you name it, we’ve done it!) so I thought, ok let me take it to my house and see if I can get it to work. Set it all up on my Vodafone internet, again zero issues! So it must be to do with BT?!

There is a solid connection for my Mum’s doorbell, yet BT have sent her yet another WiFi extender/disc now (they’ve already sent her 3?!). The BT engineer popped round to my Mum’s this morning and said it wasn’t his problem and left!!

As someone who works in IT, I am absolutely fuming and cannot believe BT would just try and fob my Mum off like that!

So what I’m really asking, is what other settings can I try on my side to try and get these Eufy events saved? I have looked into the router settings and firewall and no matter what I change it doesn’t seem to make a difference.
I’ve told my Mum to change internet provider if we can’t sort it because I think it’s a disgrace. This has been going on for at least a month now.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues and how did you resolve them (if at all)?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT and Eufy camera recordings

Go to solution

have you turned of smart setup

Turn Off smart setup

if doorbell works only 2.4ghz have you tried splitting the 2.4/5ghz networks unless you have SH2.  if you have SH2 try turning off 5ghz then connect doorbell and once working enable 5ghz again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi yes I have tried all of this, again still doesn't change anything.

The doorbell is all connected and recording as expected, it is just being blocked when actually saving the recordings. This only became an issue when BT did a firmware update on the router.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I don't know if it would cause the problem you describe but there was an update fairly recently which has caused peoples Complete Wi-Fi discs from working, I'm wondering whether this could be the same issue.

Log on to the router by typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of a browser

Click Advanced Settings and enter the admin password

Click on Wireless

Look for the Dropdown Box Wireless Mode at the bottom of the page and ensure that the router is in mode 1

Click Save

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Les-Gibson. Unfortunately I had already also tried this but with no difference.
Even completely removed the Wi-Fi disc from the network and connected the camera directly to the router itself, no change.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hey both, I have the solution!

I wasn't aware that BT had additional products included in the broadband package; i.e. BT/McAfee Virus Protect.

I remoted onto my Mum's PC yesterday from my home laptop and opened up Virus Protect.
I could see in the VP logs that the Eufy IP was constantly being blocked. I cautiously tried a few things with no luck. Tried again today and opened all the common firewall ports and the Eufy recordings all came flying through!

I then closed the majority of the ports without any issues and now my Mum is delighted 😁

0 Ratings