cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT and Openreach advertising me FTTP but refusing to install

In late September i checked the bt packages avaliable to my address as i have been on an awfully slow package and needed an upgrade. on the package list was BT's full fibre FTTP packages, so i ordered the 300mb full fibre. but when the engineer turned up for my appointment he found out my line is being fed to the property underground so he couldnt do the work. i have gone back to bt and openreach are saying they cant do the work needed to install the line. im sure this is untrue and they just dont want to fork out for wayleaves and such just to provide to one property. in my opnion that does not matter, surely if bt and openreaches postcode checkers are saying i can get the package then they are obligated to do the work and install the line. otherwise surely that is false advertisement? if anyone has any suggestion on what i can do that would be great! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT and Openreach advertising me FTTP but refusing to install

@cptmanneringwrote:

im sure this is untrue and they just dont want to fork out for wayleaves and such just to provide to one property.

Openreach worry about that, nothing to do with BT.
Raise another order, it could be you have to pay excess construction charges though, only so much Openreach will foot the bill for, after that you would pay the difference.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT and Openreach advertising me FTTP but refusing to install

As well as the information you have been given it should also be noted that a postcode check covers a large area and is not individual to one address.

It is also the case that no ISP is obligated to supply any broadband with the exception of the Universal Broadband Service and even that comes with a lot of caveats. 

Your right to request a decent broadband service: What you need to know - Ofcom

0 Ratings