cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT email account closed in 2015 is still sending and receiving emails

Go to solution

In 2015 we closed our business and cancelled the BT business line, broadband and email accounts. We were told that the btconnect.com email addresses would stop working.  We've never asked to keep the email addresses active and haven't used them or had access to them for over 6 years. 

However I've occasionally received btconnect.com emails in my unconnected personal btinternet.com inbox (which is set up as a completely different name). Now recently I've started getting bounced back emails marked "Undeliverable - message suspected as spam". These are coming from my old btconnect.com address through Microsoft Office 365 which I've never used. I don't even have Microsoft Office on any of my pcs. 

Why is this email account still active so many years after we closed it? How are these emails being sent from it? And how are they being delivered to my personal btinternet.com inbox?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT email account closed in 2015 is still sending and receiving emails

Go to solution

@sandy88 

This is the BT Residential Customer Forum.

Please can you post on the BT Business Customer Forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum.

If you were a BT Business customer with BT Business products you will need to post on the BT Business forum as nobody on this forum will be able to assist you with regards to the BT Connect email system.

Home - BT Business Community Forum

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I'm not a business customer. I  have been retired for 6 years and don't have a business account so I can't use the business customer forum. The emails are coming into my BT residential account email inbox.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I realise this is the residential customer forum. I'm a residential customer. The emails are coming into my residential customer email account. I do not have a business account so can't use the business forum.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@sandy88 wrote:

I'm not a business customer. I  have been retired for 6 years and don't have a business account so I can't use the business customer forum. The emails are coming into my BT residential account email inbox.

But they are apparently coming from your "old" BT business account.

If you only want to stop them getting into your residential account you can place the email address into your blocked senders list.

If you want to find out why they are being sent you will need to seek assistance from the BT Business forum. You do not need to be a current BT Business account holder in order to register.