cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Availablilty Checker and OpenReach Checker giving me different answers regarding fibre.

Hi everyone,

I live in suburban London and have been waiting on the opportunity to get a fibre optic connection since they first became available. Our current connection is DSL and gives us maximum 8 mbps download and 1 mpbs upload speeds. We check with BT and initially are always told we can get fibre optic, but then when they get a little further in the process realise that we cannot get fibre at all.

I though't I'd look into it a little more as our connection is really playing up. I've found that the availability checker provided by BT says that we have FTTP connection available NOW, but then further down says its not available. This screenshot is below.1d0a0d57cb667e6e81ef4ca98e9bd698.png

The checker on the OpenReach site says that we should have fibre available. Anyone able to shed some light/had a similar experience?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Availablilty Checker and OpenReach Checker giving me different answers regarding fibre

FTTP on demand is a business option. For residential you need to look for WBC FTTP. It also says at the botton of the checker FTTP not available.

You can get an FTTC connection with a speed range between 12.4Mb - 20Mb.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Availablilty Checker and OpenReach Checker giving me different answers regarding fibre

From the checker results you appear to be on FTTC with a 23mb connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings