cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 41

Re: Broadband Performance / No recourse of action

No, nothing like that. I have to say im 90% convinced something changed outside the property but trying to convince BT that is proving problematic....

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 41

What is your upstream noise margin, as that would give a much better indication of the available bandwidth?

If you are connecting at 800Kbs, and your upstream noise margin was high, then I would suspect either a configuration issue, or a high error rate which is causing DLM to keep the speed down.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 41

13.1 / 10.4 - I dont know if thats bad or good lol
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 41

Can you post a screenshot of the complete stats page please?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 41

13.1dB  upstream is bad, which is why your connection speed is low. There is plenty of bandwidth that is not being utilised, but that could be down to a high error rate.

Unfortunately the home hub cannot display that information, and it can only be seen from the BT end.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 41

10.4 downstream is also very bad, something not right. Not sure the Openreach engineer was very diligent in trying to find the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 41

bt screenshot.png

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 41

Definitely a problem with the line, the maximum data rate speeds are the speeds you should be getting. Is there any noise on your line with a quiet line test 17070?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 41

The max data rate is 4.136Mbs, so there is plenty of bandwidth, but your connection time is only 2 hours and 25 minutes, why is that?

If you have been restarting the home hub to get a better speed, then that will be seen as a fault, and DLM will reduce the connection speed.

As I have said, it could be a high error rate causing the rate reduction, but only someone from BT could look at the performance monitors.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 41

Hello,

Yes I rebooted it earlier but it hadn't been rebooted for about 7 days before. 

0 Ratings