cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Broadband Problem

Go to solution

Hello,

I've got a problem with a broadband for past few days. My download speed is 8.0mbs which should be 35-50 Mbps with a minimum of 29mbps. I've tried to reset a router, factory reset, Quiet Call and still nothing. I've had these problems already a few times and I am already tired of wasting my time and money for a broadband speed like that. Please somebody help me with this because contacting BT through phone is useless (wasted 3 hours already)BT 1.png
BT 2.pngbt 3.pngBT 4.png

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Broadband Problem

Go to solution

@DawidM1 

Are you sure that you are getting dial tone on your line, as it looks like one wire may be disconnected?

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

If you get the same results when you plug the router into the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket, there is nothing else to be done except report the fault and get an engineer visit.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried using the test socket with a filter and see if that helps as connection speed is low

Which master do your have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg
Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@DawidM1 

Are you sure that you are getting dial tone on your line, as it looks like one wire may be disconnected?

I must admit that was my first thought and was surprised the OP said quiet line test was OK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

bt11.pngYea I am sure it is working I've just done the test again and I've tried the test socket now results are the same except upload which is 3.6mbs now instead of 500kb. My master socket is number 2 from the photos BT 10.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Can you post the full stats from Advanced > Technical Log > Information

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Very high downstream noise margin 24.8dB.

Too many restarts or disconnections?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry but that is not the hub stats requested

have you tried using test socket with filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry I've just edited the post on the top but I will post it again and yes, I am using the filter as wellbt11.png

0 Ratings