cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Broadband availability check - what does this mean?

the other dslchecker results also had no FTTC available and the adsl was very low suggesting long way from exchange so your parents connection must be even lower

the 'waiting list' showing on dslchecker suggests there are no more connections available at present and you need to wait for openreach to increase connection availability before your parents can get FTTP.  Just because your parents neighbour has FTTP from pole in garden just shows FTTP is available if there was any connection left but there is not hence 'waiting list'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

@imjolly thanks again.  Where am I going with this you might ask. My parents are suffering from dropouts as they have noted they see a red glow off their Smart Hub quite often.  I was trying to hook them up with a streaming service as my Dad, not particularly well at 85, might as well watch something he might enjoy. I also Facetime them from Aus when it works.  Although they have some technology they really are only able to answer calls with it, so would not be able to run any tests or go through BTs "online!!!" troubleshooting guide. I have authorised access to their BT account but I can't do much from there.  However when presented with the following plan information I thought it didn't look right. So started digging around online and in the forums.

Cropped Dads Internet offer BT 25-07-2021_LI.jpg

I've raised a formal complaint regarding this Broadband unlimited plan, I'm really at a loss how anyone could claim this is even a broadband service let alone take someones pension for the priviledge.

Any thoughts on how to get BT to thoroughly check the service without stinging them for a technician callout?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

as I said already from dslchecker it would appear that your parents are a long way from the exchange hence why the adsl speed is so low or almost non existent.   there is no FTTC available - fibre to the street cab and normal copper to the home - but there is FTTP available for the phone number but unfortunately according to dslchecker there is a waiting list for connections.  this is up to openreach when or if the increase number of connections and nothing to do with BT Retail or any ISP

you can try phoning the FTTP TEAM on 08005874787 but I doubt they can do anything as long as dslchecker shows waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings