cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband disconnects when landline rings

When the landline rings the broadband disconnects.

Even if there is no phone attached to the socket at all, I ring our landline number from my mobile, it disconnects. Hub goes orange flashing and 15seconds later blue. 

I have tried a new hub (bt sent because our internet was unreliable), different microfilter. 

The landline crackles as well.

any ideas what might be causing it?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband disconnects when landline rings

@Sinimoilanen 

You need to report a noisy phone line, as that would be the cause of your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for replying! An Open Reach engineer has fixed a fault he found at the exchange today. The landline no longer hisses or crackles but the broadband still disconnects when the landline is used or house number rang (no housephone plugged in).

we have one master socket, a filter with phone and adsl split.

feeling a bit lost on where to go from here.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Have you tried using the test socket with a new filter and see if hub still drops connection when landline rings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have tried a new filter in the test socket, it still disconnects. It seems 9/10 calls disconnect the BB, it flashes orange and goes blue after about 15 seconds.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Then problem outside your home and need engineer to find cause and fix it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings