cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband dropping

Hi had a service issue as couple of weeks ago for a weekend then a few disconnects in the early morning at 2am which was prob DLM then a week ago had a drop out in the morning at 10 ish and again multiple drops out for 2 hours (4) weds evening and again this morning. Phoned BT and they said they could see my broadband signal dropping on the 11th but nothing from their end for the 12th or the 14th however the errors log in my BT home hub shows the same issue as below for each time  the man on the phone suggested it might be a home hub issue and I should reset but this doesn’t look right to be , it appears the broadband was actually dropped on those other two days . Basically I’ve gone from a rock solid service for nearly 3 years to one that seems to drop every two to three days . Any suggestions ?

09:49:10, 14 Aug.WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband dropping

Hi @Mwallwork, thanks for posting and sorry you are getting drops in your connection. 

Do you have an FTTP or FTTC connection?
Are you still experiencing drops?

If you're on FTTC please try a quiet line. Dial 17070 from your BT Landline. If using a corded phone then the test should be quiet, if you are using a cordless phone then you may hear a low hum.

Also please post your router stats.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi it appears lime has been up for 2 days now. Stats attached . I have FTTC capped at 50 MB down lime test was clear 9E7E5271-7F96-4255-883C-48DA39FF34C4.jpeg8CBE6506-EF44-45DF-B6F0-55E3DA11A5A7.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

stats look ok with speeds capped at 55/10 suggesting your broadband package is Fibre 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings