Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: Broadband

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

@iHateBritishTelecom1 

Everyone here has tried to help you but your username suggests you should maybe try a different ISP by your responses.

It's pretty clear when you joined this forum you were here to show your maturity by choosing a username as such.🙄

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Your link to the BBC NEWS has nothing to do with internet connection but is about apple purposely slowing down old IPhones   

What has that to do with your problem - nothing!!!!!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Thanks for your response.

ive thanked and responded to those that helped, and tried to follow advice.  I have no expertise and the answers are often very technical but I appreciate the help that is why I posted in the first place.

I hate BT, they over charge and under deliver, where maturity comes in I don’t know I simply came on here to ask for help using a name that is true.

i can’t get a new supplier because ultimately BT own the line and have caused major issues with other ISPs in the past.  I have tried all but one of the suggestions given on this forum so far no success.  

The pc has no problems, it has a cable straight into the wall.  All other devices, laptop, phones and iPad all drop in and out of service periodically anywhere in the house.  The phones can access their mobile data, and setting up a hotspot allows all the mentioned devices to work, so all the equipment is receiving Wi-fi, just not from the router.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Jolly, thanks for your response.

it was suggested to be nonsense that a company would deliberately slow a product, the example given is completely relevant and proves that companies do in fact deliberately act in ways to make a consumer upgrade, if apple do this it is not such a leap to imagine that BT might do the same.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

You need to get rid of the idea that previously BT Retail had anything to do with problems you had with your other ISPs. I have posted already that the responsibility for maintaining your line and dealt with ISPs is openreach not BT Retail

OFCOM have stated that openreach must treat all ISPs equally. If you have any proof that this is not the case then notify OFCOM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Thanks for your reply

the issues were over three years ago, Ofcom were involved at the time and investigated but the ISP and BT just passed the buck back and forward.  I think this will happen again and whilst I appreciate that I can again complain to Ofcom, BT (retail or Openreach, same thing) own the phone line that gives me broadband and hold all the power.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Sorry but for the last time - BT Retail and openreach are totally separate companies even though they are both part of the BT GROUP.  There is no more connection between BT RETAIL and openreach than there is between TT or SKY or any ISP  and openreach

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

thanks for your reply.

It’s rather disingenuousness to suggest that other ISPs relationship to Openreach is the same as BT’s.  As you said BT and Openreach are part of the same company, with the same group of shareholders. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

If you know of a case where openreach have given priority to BT Retail over other ISPs then please report them to OFCOM

AS @busterboy1  said you forum name says everything and you just keep referring to BT when you actually are talking about openreach and you just can't seem to get to grips with they are entirely separate companies but are part of the BT GROUP just like EE

0 Ratings