cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Caller ID

Caller id was working fine until I "upgraded" my tariff couple of weeks ago. Now I only get "External" displayed on handset. Have checked *#234# which says "Caller Id will be displayed". Have checked all settings in Siemans Gigaset S790 base and S79H handsets, no options to amend. Manuals say caller id should be displayed if enabled by supplier.

Is this a line or exchange fault?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Caller ID

It could be either a fault your end  or a fault in the exchange so you will need to do some checks.

Have you another phone you could try? Maybe a corded one?

It could also be someother equipment in your house causing the problem, Broadband filters are known to cause an issue, as are some varients of the home hub.

Maybe worth plugging a phone into the test point of your main phone socket with nothing else connected.

If after doing all this there is still a problem give BT a call (I assume they provide your service?) 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Caller ID

Thanks for suggestions. I saw a BTbusiness forum reply which suggested turning my base unit off for 15 seconds. Am waiting to see if that works, as it activates on first external call. If not will try the other ideas.

0 Ratings