cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Can someone reset my line

Go to solution

Hi all,

Now I know there is lots of people asking for this but mine is legit.

Can someone reset my DLM please? As I posted last week we had lots of SSE work done. Where as my line is stable as anything the recent weather caused a house fire up the road where someone was hit by lightning so they had to turn the power off in our village. Please can a mod reset my line. Yes its been up 4 hours SSE turned the electric back on this morning?

Below are my line stats. Some may snigger but I want it reset so it regain speed quicker.

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:Smart Hub

Serial number:+088047+1741000867

Firmware version:v0.11.01.10191-BT

Firmware Updated:Fri Oct 1 00:06:08 2021

Board version:01

DSL uptime:0 days,04 Hours15 Mins49 Secs

Data rate:17.443 Mbps / 66.02 Mbps

Maximum Data rate:17.443 Mbps / 66.465 Mbps

Noise margin:6.0 / 5.0

Line attenuation:21.3 / 16.4

Signal attenuation:21.0 / 16.4

Data sent / received:554.7 MB / 3.6 GB

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BTHub6-HNZ6

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)

5 GHz wireless network name:BTHub6-HNZ6

5 GHz wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)

Wireless security:WPA2

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:Default

MAC address:EC:F4:51:5C:4D:E7

Software variant:-

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can someone reset my line

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

from your stats your connection speed is almost the same as your attainable speed so a reset is not going to make any improvement in your connection speed

if you have lost the boost from G.INP then reset will not help that either you just have to wait the 7/10 days until DLM sees line stable and will then activate G.INP.  this is automatic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

A DLM reset will make your line worse. It has already dropped to a 5dB margin, a reset will put it back to 6dB and start the process over again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

But thats what I am after. I know the snr will go back to 6db. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

you are not going to get a DLM reset for a line that is working perfectly well with speed at attainable - there is no point

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Going back to6dB will reduce your speed!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

This is why I dont like this forum... I litterally just said I know it will go back to 6db and in turn reduce speed but thats what im after so DLM sees its stable sooner and will tweak and whatnot. Christ why don't you lot appreciate requests. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Why do you not listen. DLM is an automatic process, if you reset it it will just start it's automatic process over again. It will start at 6dB and gradually drop to 3dB if your line is stable.

Why do want a lower speed?

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @samtheaspie,

Thank you for posting. Everyone that has replied to your post is only trying to help.

What they have said is correct, resetting your line won't do anything to improve the speeds your getting at the moment. The best thing to do is to leave the connection as is and let the DLM take it course.

Thanks,

Paddy