cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Finally got around to updating my Windows 10 machine and it updated to Norton. The only issue was while app was uninstalling McAfee, the McAfee uninstall window was hidden behind the Norton app. Thanks for sorting this.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 406

Go to solution

Mine wont upgrade either. Also I think that my allocation is being reduced from 15 to 2 licences with my package. I think that BT ARE ON DODGY CONTRACTUAL GROUNDS,  as my contract has another year to run and stated when I took it out that I was entitled to 15 licences for Virus Protect!

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution
What about the iOS and iPadOS community?
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 406

Go to solution

Hello macspot

Glad I was able to help someone  by telling of  own experience in downloading Norton.  Now I have McAfee and Norton working on my laptop it is ok do you think to uninstall  McAfee or is it advised to leave it for now.  Also if I did  uninstall McAfee what happens to the McAfee I have on my Samsung Android mobile - would that still stay until we can get  the Norton app from Google  Play Store.

Another thing I found I had to do when I first accessed Norton after   using my BT password (only requiired once) I went to settings and saw that Internet Security   was not protected,  so I had to click on Enable All Norton Extensions, and follow instructions to Add extensions.

Now I see at top of my screen I have a question mark inside a square and this is  the  Norton Safe Tab which is the equivalent of the McAfee Web Advisor which shows up risky sites when browsing. I think  it  is very important to have this set up.

I am not trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs, as  you may already be  fully aware of this, but maybe someone else reading this  post,  does not know to do this when they have Norton downloaded so thought I would mention it  

Message 75 of 406

Go to solution

On my PC I've uninstalled the McAfee version, I didn't see the point of keeping something I'll no longer use. 😉

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 406

Can't upgrade Mac to Norton or re download McAfee which is malfunctioning

Go to solution

Trying to update to Norton as have issues with McAfee BT virus Protect. It is continually asking me to "Allow us to continue your setup, then opens System Preferences and asks to click Allow in the security and privacy settings. it also tells me that my firewall is off when the mac tells me its on !!!!

On clicking the box to manage my security settings in MYBT another window opens an i get the following message

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"

This is so frustrating 

Any assistance gratefully received

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 406

Re: Norton on Android

Go to solution

Same problem with my S10,Android 11 phone. Did usual BT virus protect update. Wondered why it took so long and found McAfee gone, BT virus protect asking for sign in -with what BT???- assumed MyBT id/password and cannot get past the Server Error. This is a disaster. 

Message 78 of 406

Go to solution

Just to update- just updated the BT protect app on my phone, which then requested a login, logiged in ok, but then get the 'The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed or is temporaily unavailable' so still a problem

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 406

Go to solution

Just managed to get my four devices updated. PC and 3 Android devices. Android was a bit of a pain, but I got there.

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 406

Go to solution
How?
0 Ratings