cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cannot log into BT Sport app on Samsung TV

Hi there. Cannot log into BT Sport app on my Samsung TV. Error message id106. I’ve tried changing my password but it still doesn't work.  How can I fix this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot log into BT Sport app on Samsung TV

Hi @Mary10, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are getting this error on the sport app. 

If you’re seeing this error repeatedly, you’ll need to try logging in again. If this doesn’t work, you’ll need to fully restart the BT Sport App on your device. Try this and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

ID106 is actually quite a rare error, and it means the app doesn't understand the response from the server when trying to log in.

Can you please send me a DM with the username you're trying to log in with @Mary10 so that I can see why the server is behaving strangely.  Don't send me the password - just the username.

Message 4 of 4

OK, so this issue proved to be an account one. The app should have shown ID003 as the error, with www.bt.com/help/id003 being the correct instructions to resolve it.
I'm still trying to find out why the server responded differently in this instance, causing the very unhelpful ID106 error to be shown.