cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cease and Reprovide Confusion

Go to solution

2 different Openreach (OR) engineers on separate call-outs to investigate low speed and random dropouts suggested that we should be supplied out of a much nearer cabinet, they couldn't believe that we were on the distant cabinet. They each called back after visiting the cabinets involved, confirmed the feasibility and said they'd put this in their reports.  They said that this was a cease and reprovide (C&R) and had to be requested by the provider (BT). The message didn't get back to BT who had just closed the fault. I called BT and read word for word what the Openreach Engineers had said. BT said they would request the C & R and confirmed this in an email. After nothing happened called BT again, no record of any of the previous conversation but eventually they agreed to do the C&R and an appointment was made for Fri 10/07. The OR engineer didn't need to come to the house but called me from the cabinet to explain what he was doing, warned that we might get some downtime but that he would try to get it done in the day but would call back to inform me. Late pm the OR engineer called to say his work in the cabinets was done, he specified the cabinet numbers which matched what we had been told previously and he said OR records were updated. He said our provider "could now do this" and he would put that in his report but suggested I should phone them. Broadband remains at least as bad as before, no call from BT so I've rung them twice, they don't seem to know what they have got to do, I wish I had got more detail from the OR engineer, latest is that BT have promised to call me on 16/07. 

My question is, can anyone tell me what it is that BT have to do to finish this C&R please so that I'm informed when I next talk to them. Any other insights welcome.

Thanks, Matt

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cease and Reprovide Confusion

Go to solution

Once the C&R has been requested BTRetail should not have to do anything further. It would be between Openreach and BTWholesale to complete.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you, can you tell me what it is that BT Wholesale have to do please?

Are the steps in the whole process spelled out in a document somewhere?

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Matt8,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've been having a few problems with your connection. Once the cease and re-provide has been requested by Wholesale this is completed by Openreach who owns, maintains and manages the network. I would need to take a look at your account to be able to say for sure what is happening.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you PaddyB,

pm sent

Matt

0 Ratings