cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Cheapest way to watch BT Sport Ultimate on my TV?

On my LG oled tv it doesn't even come up to watch it in 1440p so I'm currently restricted to 1080p viewing which is really disappointing considering my set up is ready for 4k viewing.

Have you got any further updates about when the 4k issue is going to be fixed?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

aaronjensen96... assuming you have the correct equipment and subscription, you should be able to watch in 4K. I use Roku and Apple TV 4K and it offers a fantastic picture, so much so that I prefer to watch the slightly delayed streaming service in preference to the HD satellite transmission through my SKY Q box

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

@DarrenDevwrote:

No @Floppyblue - the £5 is on top of the £15 subscription for BT Broadband customers. If you only have BT Mobile then no add-ons are available to upgrade the mobile-only subscription to a large screen one.

Darren, I understood my BT Sport is available to me as mobile Family Plan member. We have both Samsung and Sony TVs and the BT Sport app is available and installed on both. Excellent it is too!

My ONLY gripe would be that subtitles for deaf old blokes like me are unavailable.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

@aaronjensen96 check out the cog in the top right corner of the app, and then select the Device Checker.  What does this show?

The content will only be 1080p most of the time, as this is the maximum for the regular channels.  It's only events on Ultimate that should go up to 1440p.

If you're not getting 1440p on Ultimate events then either your subscription or bandwidth will be an issue.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Most of the apps are already capable of displaying subtitles, but we don't have a source for them @Carlusha - it's on the list of things we want to add.

Message 16 of 25

Yes I have the correct set up with a chromecast. As the bt sport expert explained its a current problem with 4k not been available on the chromecast with google tv. It's a software issue and I wanted to know when it will be fixed 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

@aaronjensen96 wrote:

Yes I have the correct set up with a chromecast. As the bt sport expert explained its a current problem with 4k not been available on the chromecast with google tv. It's a software issue and I wanted to know when it will be fixed 

I am that expert, and I'm saying that if you can't even get 2k now then you're still not going to get 4k when that bug is fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Hi. Sorry, what I mean is under my settings on the actual chromecast it goes on display settings it just goes from 1080p up to 4k 60hz (max) there is no option to select 1440p. What do I need it set at the be able to watch in 2k?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Set it to 4k@50Hz. The video will display in 2k until the bug is fixed.

Message 20 of 25

The picture is just really juddering. Any suggestions?
0 Ratings