cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

I had not tried that as I only have an analog phone and if people ring my number now they are getting number not recognized. But I took the sticker off just to try and got nothing but I have only analog phones anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@mikejay97  you said you agreed the renewal, you will have an order confirmation which will list the products you have, does it mention a calling plan anywhere ? it won't if you have broadband only.
It will also mention if you're moving to Digital Voice and any other important info, check your inbox to confirm.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@mikejay97 

old style phone will work when connected to the socket on back of the SH2 - that is the whole point of socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Yes I agreed the renewal thinking I was getting the fibre1 with phone line which I asked for but being so busy I only checked my emails when the phone line went dead which says fibre 1 broadband only £52.49 per month

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

So I have had another email today with a new price on  I am guessing £41.99 was the price of fibre 1 with no phone service to existing customers? And the original price  of £52.49 to existing customers was with a phone line as I asked for.btprice.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

@mikejay97wrote:

So I have had another email today with a new price on  I am guessing £41.99 was the price of fibre 1 with no phone service to existing customers? And the original price  of £52.49 to existing customers was with a phone line as I asked for.

Your price is £33.99, the £41,99 is the out of contract price from month 25.
I'd advise contacting BT and adding on the voice element if you still need it, it will cost you the price of your chosen calling plan extra, for example 700 mins = £7.31 extra.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@-Richie- I had pay as you go calling plan and wanted fiber 1 with phoneline  but did not see why an existing customer out of contract should pay £52.49 when a new customer gets the fibre1 with phoneline for £33.99. was due to leave and they spoke with a manager who agreed to let me have the fibre1 and line at new customer price of £33.99 but instead put me on fibre1 with no landline😡

Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Just an update if anyone comes across this and to thank Brian up at Newcastle he has sorted my line it is indeed now digital and has ordered me a new phone and reduced my package price he is going to get my old number transferred over to the digital line.  

Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Well the saga continues 😱we got our digital line just after new year but it was a new number this was then swapped to our old number so we had our original number back😃but we found no one could call us we could ring out and my sons bt mobile could ring in but everyone else got number not recognised. I contacted Brian and told him and I suggested it was a porting over problem. Which it turned out it was this took another week to be right and we finally had our phone fully working on the 16th Brian rang me Monday 18th and I told him it's been working since Saturday he said that's great they got it back on earlier than expected. He apologised and said he was closing the case and giving me a £20 credit. Roll on to the 25th Jan I get an email saying all my phoneline services are ending today? I check no dial tone nothing all gone only broadband working. Contact bt they tell me there was a porting issue and my services needed to be cancelled ? Its been fine since Brian sorted it on 15th. So new order for landline digital service I get yet another random number with the promise I will get my number back. Get a phone call today from Craig who has been dealing with it he is sorry my number port order did not go through so he has done it again. And to top it off my bill has got 2 chargers on it now £29.99 for my broadband as Brian reduced it and now the land line of £23.10 , I originally agreed to £33.99 for fibre1 and landline which Brian then reduced to £29.99 as goodwill due to all the cockups.  Craig has said he will look into my billing once the line is sorted I know it will be sorted in the end but over 1 month to change a contract?