cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email

I have never had any problems with sending emails previously until the other day, and now I receive this error message 'Sorry your email could not be delivered due to to content policy reasons.  Please check your message content for URLS, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying Error Code 553'

Any advise on how to fix this please.

Thanks Liz

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email

Hi @BloggyLiz, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

Are you still getting this error message when trying to send emails?
If yes, are you using a VPN?
Is the error when you are trying to send via an email client or are you sending from www.bt.com/email

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi JohnC2

Yes still getting this message when trying to email.

I don't think I am using an email client, as I am using btinternet.com email.

I'm not sure how I check the the VPN.

Some emails I can send, and some it will not let me and the error message appears.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @BloggyLiz, thanks for posting back.

An email client would be Outlook or Thunderbird etc but I suspect you are logging into www.bt.com/email and is this where you are getting the error sending emails. Is that correct?

Are you using a VPN? If you don't know what this is then it's very unlikely you will be using one.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi JohnC2

Thank you for replying so quickly.

No I am not using an email client.

I'm not sure about the VPN (bit thick here). There is VPN on my computer but the error message occurs even when I use a different computer.

Liz

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @BloggyLiz, thanks for posting back those answers. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this problem fixed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings