cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Engaged tone to outside callers

Go to solution

Hi,

Our callers to our landline complain of engaged tone when calling all the time. There is no dial tone also from our side.

I read a similar thread on this site and joined for your help. Was this resolved?

is this a line fault?

Thank you

Naveed

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Engaged tone to outside callers

Go to solution

if you have no dial tone then report phone fault to 151 or 0800800151 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If you have NDT and in coming callers get an engaged tone that would usually indicate you have a Fault Loop, aka Short Across the Pair.

A fault like that could occur literally anywhere in the Network. 

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NTuf,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

What @Starwire and @imjolly have said is correct. The quickest way to get your service repaired is by giving 151 a call.

Once you've given them a ring, please post back and let us know how you got on?

Thanks, 

Paddy

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Have you tried a known working corded phone in the test point of your main telephone? The fault could be caused by a faulty piece of equipment or cable in your house.  If by plugging the phone there is still no dial tone then the fault is out of your house. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings