cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre 1 seems to be stuck on 40/10 line profile on line capable of more

Go to solution

Hi,

Background: I had a second, broadband-only, line (FTTC) installed earlier this week on the Fibre 1 package. Existing line syncs at 44Mbps so I was expecting similar with the new line. Minimum guaranteed speed for the new line is 33Mbps.

The new line syncs at exactly 40Mbps down, 10Mbps up. SNR margins are 17dB down/14dB up, with max attainable rates reported by the modem of 78Mbps down/23Mbps up. This line seems much better than my other line (which syncs at pretty much exactly the max attainable rate with SNR of 6dB), so it's disappointing to seemingly be stuck at 40Mbps when Fibre 1 should be good to 55Mbps on a capable line.

It looks to me like I've been provisioned on the 40/10 Openreach profile rather than 55/10, possibly due to the relatively low minimum guaranteed speed. I tried calling BT tech support yesterday but I wasn't 100% sure that they understood my question as they suggested the only way to get faster speed was to sign up to Fibre 2 which is not available in my area yet.

Does the above make sense? Could one of the BT support staff on here take a look at my line profile, please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre 1 seems to be stuck on 40/10 line profile on line capable of more

Go to solution

Post your hub stats from Advanced settings/Technical log/information.

Why would fibre 2 not be available? Never heard of that before.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for replying. I think Fibre 2 isn't available because the line speed estimate for my property is less than 55Mbps so no point selling it over Fibre 1. If I select another address from a few doors down the road it becomes available to order on the website.

Line stats from a Draytek Vigor 2865 router. I saw the same on the router provided by BT:

Downstream             Upstream                 
Actual Rate39990Kbps9997Kbps
Attainable Rate77945Kbps23385Kbps
Path ModeFast Fast 
Interleave Depth1 1 
Actual PSD12. 8dB7. 3dB

Near End                  Far End                    
TrellisON ON 
BitswapOFF ON 
ReTx0 1 
SNR Margin17dB14dB
Attenuation18dB22dB
CRC0 0 
FECS0s0s
ES0s0s
SES0s0s
LOSS0s0s
UAS30s227332s
HEC Errors0 0 
RS Corrections0 0 
LOS Failure2 0 
LOF Failure0 0 
LPR Failure0 0 
NCD Failure0 0 
LCD Failure0 0 
NFEC34 32 
RFEC2 16 
LYSMB2675 16 
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

That certainly looks like a 40/10 profile. Perhaps a mod will be along soon.

I thought you'd already been offered Fibre 2 when you rang in? Just because it doesn't show on the website doesn't mean you can't upgrade to it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

can you post similar stats from your other broadband connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Phil99,

Thank you for posting. With the details you've posted, it does look like you're on the 40/10 profile. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

All sorted now 🙂 Thanks to the BT community support team for getting me up and running on the correct line profile. I'm now sync'd at 54990Kbps with an SNR of 12dB

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know this is sorted @Phil99 . We appreciate you taking time to do that. I'll let @JohnC2 know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings